DjangoBooks.com

Singer's name at Django in June 2013?

Comments

• klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    That explains it. The first thing I thought of when she began tearing it up was, she's a lot like Cyrille Aimee. Stupendous. And she and Tcha Limberger together is almost too much to handle.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Here's a little video I shot with my phone of Tom, I don't have any contact information for Tom or even his last name, hope he doesn't mind the post. The young people at Django in June just blew me away this year.

http://youtu.be/35hi2nQxtZQ

What is the deal with embedding youtubes? Something about the http:// in the address?

CB
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    The young man's name is Tom Carlson, who goes by the moniker Tom C Guitar on Facebook. He has a really great voice, especially considering how young he is. He seemed to have a good head on his shoulders as well. I expect we'll be hearing alot more of him in coming years.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • mikegnikmikegnik Southern NJ, Philly✭✭ Bumgarner #47, 50’s Castelluccia round hole
    Just tossing it out there- Leah sang at least a little, as I heard her perform Body and Soul at a jam Saturday night- her performance was just gorgeous. Ann was excellent, and when everybody left the stage so she was unaccompanied, only to then be joined by Tcha for a vocal duet....likely a moment anyone there will soon forget.
  • MaximusVolumusMaximusVolumus ✭✭ Holo
    If this Body and Soul jam was with Adrien, then it was not Leah but Anne.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Yeah, Leah Zeger is a really good singer as well. I didn't notice her singing at DIJ, but I went out to see the Gonzalo Bergara Quartet in Annapolis the night after I got back to DC and she sang a few standards.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Found a Great Clip on youtube of Anne Sila:

Route 66

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMp8Zilc ... Hhf4WLKRoQ

Midnight Parking Lot Jam Session at Django in June 2013

I can see why everyone was so impressed.

Can she ever scat.

Hang in there and check out around 3:38

pickitjohn
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    edited April 2015 Posts: 705
    It appears Anne Sila is a contestant on the French "The Voice" in 2015. Is this the same one that was singing at DIJ 2013?
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Yes, it's the same one!