Singer's name at Django in June 2013?

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
edited July 2013 in Welcome
Hey, did anybody catch the singer's name at Django in June this past week? I'm talking about the girl who sang with Adrien/Benoit/Gonzalo, both on stage and in various evening jams.

Adrian

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Santa Cruz, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Cigano GJ-10
    edited June 2013
    Unfortunately, I wasn't there but was it Leah Zeger (http://www.leahzeger.com/) who plays violin and does vocals with the Gonzalo Bergara Quartet? She is memorable.
  • i really like hearing her sing
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    Not Leah, this time at least. I seem to recall her first name was Ann or a variation of Ann, Anna, Anne, something that. She was great, like to know more about her and knowing her name would be a first step.

Speaking of singers at DiJ, how about little Tommy, the ~14 year old with braces playing the D-500, LEADING the after concert jam in the tent Saturday night, calling the tunes and singing every song in and out w/ a confident, swingin' baritone. His radiant smile said it all. If anyone got video of him, hope they post it.
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    Craig is right, Leah didn't sing.
  • SteveGypsyJazzSteveGypsyJazz Sherman Oaks✭✭
    Speaking of singers at DIJ, who was that guy from Chicago singing that tune called "Chicago"?
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Not Leah, this time at least. I seem to recall her first name was Ann or a variation of Ann, Anna, Anne, something that. She was great, like to know more about her and knowing her name would be a first step.

Ah, yes, her first name was Ann!

(It wasn't Leah from Gonzalo's band, though Leah was there separately.)

Adrian
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Was she English, by any chance?
    pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • She was French but was staying in NYC for a little while.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • Her name is Anne Sila. Lived in NYC with Cyrille Aimee for a while from what I heard. Similar singing qualities. Both are amazing.

J