DjangoBooks.com

Is this real? New Jimmy album?

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 421
http://fb.klicktrack.com/hotclubrecords/416673

This just popped up on my facebook. I've been wondering if he was doing anything and everyone just seems to say that they don't know.

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    These are alternative takes from his "Jimmy Rosenberg" album. It features both Bireli and Angelo. I believe the record came out in 1998.
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I just read more carefully. Such a shame that there isn't a new Jimmy album. Does anyone know if he is doing or planning on doing anything?
  • JSantaJSanta NY✭✭✭ Dupont, Gaffiero, AJL
    I've been a big Jimmy Rosenberg fan for a long time, he was actually my introduction to this style of music several years back.

I hope that he starts performing again. I would love for the album he did with Frank Vignola to see the light of day.
  • MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    Poor Jimmy is a junkie for many years now, he spends his time in prison, re-hab and then falls into drugs again (Heroin I guess)... last pics I saw of him he was fat and not at his best on the guitar...
    such a wasted talent... I'd really like to see him play acoustic one day, in a private party or in afestival, just to enjoy his incredible sound and technique... :roll:
  • DjuriDjuri New
    Mitch wrote:
    such a wasted talent... I'd really like to see him play acoustic one day, in a private party or in afestival, just to enjoy his incredible sound and technique... :roll:

We all know this, no need to spell it again.