DjangoBooks.com

"Young At Heart"

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
edited March 2013 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 545
I discovered the song "Young At Heart" a few months ago when I saw Cyrille Aimee perform it. What a beautiful melody!

Yesterday I posted my own arrangement of it to YouTube. It works great in this style (though my video isn't strictly gypsy jazz -- the rhythm is more of a fingerstyle thing).

Chords and tab are here: http://www.soundslice.com/yt/m_g66h58bxg/

BucoShemiLorenzoLeJazzHotNonerenzokDaveycBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

• Hahahaha....you really got me going when the third guy in the same shirt shows up.

I agree it is a lovely melody and I really enjoyed your take on it. Thanks for posting Adrian
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    +1
    HCQ
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Brilliant!

thanks
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    Hey Adrain,

You seem to be always raising the bar.

Cheers to you.

Love the chord fingering diagrams in soundslice.

as Jazzaferri said:

Hahahaha....you really got me going when the third guy in the same shirt shows up.

I Love the twin parts

pickitjohn
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited March 2013 Posts: 1,252
    If I could only get all the way through it without picking up a guitar and playing along... lol... seriously though - I've listened to it four or five times this morning and maybe once without having to run over and pick up a guitar. Django has that same effect... so.. just sayin' - you're in good company ;-)

How wonderfully addictive.
    Daveyc
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting another tune that demonstrates the versatility of these wonderful guitars, and of course your superb playing. So nice to hear stuff that's a little outside the box. I'll have to check out the Soundslice tabs later.
    Swang on,
    Hey, what a great place to be. Found totally by accident listening to canned t.v. Jazz play this tune by that Aimee girl. Wife and I got to talking about how old it was. I thought NY early 20-20s but she said, how would she survive as a singer in NY with a that tiny weeny voice. Wiki moment. Jango music...of course. Turns out I get a new masterclass, a new view and a cool site. THKS FB.
    Nice! Love that tune as the rest of the album. It was in my top 3 most listened for the 2015. Funny that it was slow coming, it took a while before it bit but once it did I couldn't get enough of it, every song on it is so great.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • LorenzoLeJazzHotLorenzoLeJazzHot Naples, Italy✭✭ JWC Prima Jazz
    Nice arrangement! Great work