DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Thanks for the review Ted!

I've got sampes here: Kamlo
  • jerojero Michiana✭✭✭✭ J.P. Favino, Godefroy Maruejouls
    Ditto on the Kamlo kudos! He's a very fine player indeed -- and a great composer. His waltzes are lovely -- lyrical, melancholy, and just plain gorgeous! The addition of vibraphone on a few tracks is a nice touch, too.

His first CD "Salammbo" -- with ex-Lathco Drom-er Jean-Francois Ruiz playing mostly nylon-string -- is equally strong, but damned hard to find (I think that it was self-produced).

Ted: I agree with you that the addition of "Nuages" is extraneous -- it feels as if it was just tacked on at the end to fill space. It sounds as if it was recorded live -- at La Chope, perhaps?
  • CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    I found my copy of "Salammbô" at Jazz Corner in Paris. For what it's worth, I'll also endorse Kamlo's playing and writing. He's working solidly within the genre but with his own distinct voice. Top notch stuff.
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    I've been trying to find Salammbô for purchase somewhere...agreed, he's a fantastic player, as well as a fantastic teacher - one of the best experiences of my time in this music was a rhythm class with Kamlo at DIJ. And I'd love to get this CD, but am coming up empty. Anyone?
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.