DjangoBooks.com

New CD: Tony Fallone - Accordeon mon ami

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
edited December 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 6,153

Comments

• BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    Btw. Does anyone have the recordings that Tony Fallone made with Tchan Tchou? As far as I know they made a MC together.

Best,
    Barengero
  • BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    First I want to mention Michaels outstanding service.. thanks !!

If you are not an accordion fan and Welked out by the drivel from the 60's-70's... this will change your mind...

If you are an accordion enthusiast (as am I) this is a turning point CD.
    Tony Fallone is an absolute master..phrasing, modulation, improvisation, timing..incredible playing. Swing and musette at its best.

I highly recommend Tony Fallone "Accordion Mon Ami" it is now one of my all time favorites.

As much as I like and admire Galliano... this is one step beyond.
  • CuimeanCuimean Los AngelesProdigy
    Have you heard Armand Lassagne's "Le Tournis"? Chant du Monde put it out at almost the same time as "Accordeon Mon Ami." I actually prefer "Le Tournis," but don't let that dissuade anyone from picking up Fallone's album; it's really stellar. Galliano's latest trio recording is pretty cool as well. He plays a Monk tune (which sounds like it could have come out of on of Gus Viseur's '50's sessions) and Satie piece, among others. Accordion enthusiasts will also want to track down Papillon's "Hotel Bergerac," which features Gwen Cresens and the legendary Jean Corti.
  • BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips.. I'll chase them all down.