DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    This thing is really a breakthrough! I tried it on a gig and couldn't believe how loud I could get it before feedback, and it sounds as clear as a mic because it is one! I will continue to test it but i have a feeling that this is what we've all been waiting for. Finally a way to amplify an acoustic guitar naturally without feedback problems.

M
    Unknown
  • I'm interested. I'm pretty happy with the Basik when I find that exact sweet spot on both the guitar and amp. If I don't, I'm moving the contact mike all night. I'd be interested in seeing a video comparing this to say a Bigtone. Not sure if this is possible.
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Any more news about this pup yet Michael?

I'm interested, but cynical, after spending far more £ than i can justify to myself trying to get "the sound" amplified, do i need another option that's almost it but not quite if it would just.....
  • twazzocktwazzock New
    bump :?:
    I've been using the Ischell on all my gigs and so far it has worked beautifully. I've been looking for a fatal flaw but so far can't really say I've found one. Last week I used it at a super noisy restaurant and had it cranked pretty loud and it didn't feedback at all. Of course, the sound is truly natural as it's a mic. It's a joy to play gigs like these without resorting to a highly modified pickup sound....felt like I was doing an acoustic gig!
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    What kind of amp are you using Michael?
    On many gigs it's going right into a PA.

Other times an Acoustic Image.

M
  • MarkAMarkA Vermont✭✭✭ Holo Epiphany, Gibson L-5
    Michael,
    I'm curious on your thoughts of the Ischell compared with the Schertler DYN-G. Thanks!
    MarkA wrote:
    Michael,
    I'm curious on your thoughts of the Ischell compared with the Schertler DYN-G. Thanks!

I definitely prefer the Ischell. It's a real microphone so the sound is amazing and it has the same resistance to feedback, if not better, than the DYN. The DYN is one of the most natural sounding pickups, but it's still not as good as a mic.

M
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    How does the Ischell handle dynamic range? All the mag and piezo pickups I've tried have had considerably less dynamic range compared to a mic. Some form of volume control nearby is almost a necessity when switching between rhythm and lead. A mic is much better in this regard, even if you don't use the "lean in" technique for leads and is one of the main reasons I prefer a mic when I can. How does the Ischell stack up this way?