DjangoBooks.com

Forthcoming DVD: Young Bireli

BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
edited November 2005 in Welcome Posts: 527
Hi,

I just heard from Getraud Jankejovà, that the "Jazzpoint" Record Company is planning to publish a DVD about Bireli with a lot of film material from 1980 to mid 90´s. The release will be around summer 2006.

I am looking forward to this.

Best,
Barengero

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i've got the new bireli dvd, it's amazing, makes his playing on the previous DVD sound amateurish !

the scene with mondine and ninine is nice too

btw, on some online stores it is advertised as PAL and zone 1 which is false... it is double sided (one PAL, other NTSC) and it's zone 0, in other words , it'll work anywhere!
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    I am a salivating, cold sweated Bireli junkie.
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    no, I do not admit I have an addicition, don't you just love the bit, in the latest DVD, 2 min and 47 seconds into 'Place de Tertre', when bireli winces whilst attempting the f major assending to dessending sweep and then, ah, apon immaculate completion awards himself a congratulary grin, all of this whilst standing up, swaying to the steady rhythm layed down by hono, (hes not that fat really), or did I just imagin all this...................................
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    It´s o.k., Ted. I am not anxious about Robins health concerning the forthcoming Bireli-DVD about his early years. I am quite sure that Bireli didn´t grin until he was 19 or 20 years old. :wink:

Best,
    Barengero
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I'll have it....the U.S. release is scheduled for Jan 2006.

'm