DjangoBooks.com

Samois- Time to reconsider article

KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
edited August 2011 in Europe Posts: 55
I came across this tonight and thought you all might want to read it. I hope to make it there someday.

http://beaufortjazz.wordpress.com/2011/08/

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    edited August 2011 Posts: 1,252
    If the direction for Django's namesake festival is to celebrate the depth and breadth of the music he has touched, the possibilities are near limitless. But if the direction is to be mainstreaming... it would be more difficult to fill the bill... at least I think it would be.

This would perhaps be a good time to pay some respect to Nick Lehr. Why is Djangofest continuing to grow? Because Nick gets the breadth and depth thing... he assembles the lineup like he's cooking a meal - from the appetizer to the desert it keeps changing and keeps you interested. Look at the lineup... Roots & Musette (Boyer & PDJ & HCH) New School (Moignard & Bergara) Old School (Rosenberg & Wrembel & Ballester & Cohen) In-Genre guys with a different take on the music (Alden & Taylor)

There is so much going on in this genre right now. It can't go un-noticed. Any festival that doesn't see and capitalize on what's happening will do so at its own peril. Personally I don't think Samois will go mainstream. I'm hoping to go one of these years. People keep telling me to ;-)

haha.. shortened it.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    tldr Bobs post

samois 2011 was fun as fuck, never laughed so much in my life, see if you can spot redblues in the following video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSSm_2mF7Uc