DjangoBooks.com

Django In June 2010 Lineup Announced--It's Great!

JMPJMP Berkeley, CA✭✭
edited April 2010 in North America Posts: 16
Just received the following information from Andrew Lawrence of Django In June. The teacher/performer lineup has just been announced, and it's another fabulous list. Andrew does a great job of putting this together every year, and as many members of this forum can attest, it's a wonderful, total-immersion experience. Lots of learning, lots of jamming, lots of fun--all capped by two nights of concerts that are inspirational, to say the least. The camp takes place in western Massachusetts at the Smith College campus, and the dates this year are June 15-June 20. The Web site is http://www.djangoinjune.com.
Looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones...

Here's the info from Andrew as to the lineup:

Joscho Stephan, guitar (Germany)

Biel Ballister, guitar (Spain)

Gustav Lundgren, guitar (Sweden)

Aurelien Bouly, guitar (France)

Gonzalo Bergara, guitar (Argentina via California)

Michael Horowitz, guitar (Djangobooks)

Tim Kliphuis, violin (Holland)

Evan Price, violin (Hot Club of San Francisco, Turtle Island Quartet)

Jamie Masefield, mandolin (Jazz Mandolin Project, Vermont)

Rob Reich, accordion (San Francisco, Gaucho)

Martin Sjöstedt, bass (Sweden)

Comments

• mbspeechmbspeech New
    Hello musicians! I am Matthew "Mason" Bailey. I am a singer/songwriter from Mercersburg, PA. I play music with a very talented man, Jeremy Izer, who has been studying gypsy jazz for some time now. His dog is even named "Django"! He mentioned being interested in coming out to this event, but pretty quickly turned off the idea of being able to make it due to money. (He couldn't justify spending money on himself when he knows his family could use it) I, as a friend, am trying to make this happen for him.

What I am asking is does anyone here live close enough to the camp to allow Jeremy to stay in your house for the duration of the camp? I know this is a lot to ask of someone and may be a difficult decision as you do not know Jeremy, but I can assure you he is a nice, honest fellow who simply has a passion for gypsy jazz.

Please reply and let me know if need anymore information. I'm sure he would be willing to talk with you personally so you can get to know him better (though I am trying to do this as a surprise for him).

Thanks so much for your help!

-In Music-

Matthew "Mason" Bailey