DjangoBooks.com

Recorded a little video, can someone check it out...

edited December 2005 in Gypsy Picking Posts: 27
..and tell me if i'm doing the gypsy picking thing right? I think(hope) i'm somewhere on the right track, but i'd just like to be sure, so i can fix any bad habits now rather than get a few years down the line befrore realising i'm doing it all wrong :D

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3G0D ... 4RI8LC8J95

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Nice work!

The video plays pretty choppy for me...but it seems like you're headed in the right direction. I didn't notice any major flaws with your technique...

'm
    Nice work!

The video plays pretty choppy for me...but it seems like you're headed in the right direction. I didn't notice any major flaws with your technique...

'm

Cool. That's all i needed to know :D
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Hello Ja Mahavishnu! Could you repost your video please? I´m struggling with GP and I´d really like to see it since the experts gave it the thumbs up.
    Thanx.
    -Harry
  • sorry i didn't reply man. I lost my job a few months back, and i really havent played guitar at all, so i also haven't been checking these forums or anything. I actually lost everything off my hardrive a while back so i don't have the video anymore :( ...unless micheal saved it?
  • phil_gphil_g UKNew
    Ja, sorry to hear that man, I looked and I think I only have your echoes of spain clip left. mail me if you want either that or any of the cool stuff you mailed me a while back, <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

Was looking out for you at l'esprit manouche, now I know why you didn't show - sure you'll be there next year :)

Phil
  • phil_gphil_g UKNew
    Hey Ja!

I found your video, reason my search came up blank is it was titled "video"!! :)
    Bung me your email bro, I'll send it along
  • Here's my mail man. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->

My life is crap right now, and i'm too depressed to do much of anything really. Not even looked at my geetar for over 2 months now :(
  • phil_gphil_g UKNew
    Aw man, you can pull it together - I was really enjoying watching you improve at a rate of knots and your learning in public is an inspiration for myself and probably others too.

However crap things seem you CAN beat it, now get that guitar out and put some new strings on it. If you can't afford any then mail me your address and gauges and there will be some in the post same day - no shit. You were made to play.

Will mail you the files, stay in touch mate & let me know what I can do for you any time.

Phil
  • phil_g wrote:
    Aw man, you can pull it together - I was really enjoying watching you improve at a rate of knots and your learning in public is an inspiration for myself and probably others too.

However crap things seem you CAN beat it, now get that guitar out and put some new strings on it. If you can't afford any then mail me your address and gauges and there will be some in the post same day - no shit. You were made to play.

Will mail you the files, stay in touch mate & let me know what I can do for you any time.

Phil

nah, i'm fine for strings and that. I just gotta get my life sorted man..i've tried to play a few times, but i'm just so wound up/worried about my future and what i'm gonna do with myself, that i just can't get into it right now. :( thanks for caring though.

Here's the vid anyhoo. Thanks for sending that as well.

http://s21.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0R7O ... RAJRNEV9EB

damn, i was actually just getting this whole piece down pretty well before i stopped playing.
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Hey man, thanks a lot for your video! you sound great! You should get back to playin´!
    Im really sorry things are going so bad with your life. I hope you get back on your feet soon. Let me know if I can help?
    Good luck!
    -Harry