DjangoBooks.com

Dell 'Arte Angelo Debarre vs Gitane Stephane Wrembel

13»

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    Colicab wrote:
    The real reason I want to get a "better" guitar is because of the thin neck, which i really don't like! Also, I come from playing the electric guitar for over 11 years and the dot marker on the 10 fret is something that confuses me everytime I play in that area of the neck.
    Oh yeah the Cigano super thin neck... I see your point now, I hate those necks too.
    The Gitane Jorgensons have a good chunky neck.

As for the marker you can easily paint over the 10 fret side dot with a Sharpie and use white out for the new 9 fret dot.

I believe some Dell artes have the fret marker at the 9th fret
  • ColicabColicab NorwayNew
    Yeah! Thats one of the reasons I'm looking into Dell'Arte.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    It's probably worth mentioning that the Music Link Dell Arte's have been discontinued. Will probably be tough to find these from now on....

'm
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Colicab wrote:
    Anyone here have experience with gypsyguitar.de? Can they install a pickup for example?
    C
    I actually bought a Gallato RS1939 from Norman Ort at gypsyguitar.de last year and found him very good to deal with. Best thing to do on the pickup question is write him directly at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> and ask.

I felt the Gallato was a definite step up from the previous guitars I had owned, which included two US-made Dell'Artes and a Manouche Modele Jazz. Nicely built, good dry sound, and a substantial neck. The neck was beefier than I was used to, but I became accustomed to it over time. It would be a good option if you don't want to go the Asian route.

There have been questions raised about the provenance of the Gallato RS1939, as to whether or not parts may have been made in Asia. I don't know the answer to that, but I felt that it was good value for the money.

Stay away from the Gallato "Django" - it is entirely Asian built.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles