DjangoBooks.com

FOR SALE: Lots of Instructional Materials

PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
edited January 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 1,471
Hi all -

DVD:

Bireli Lagrene & Friends, Live at Vienne - $13

Books:

Gypsy Picking, by Michael Horowitz ((light writing in a few places), with cd - $20

Gypsy Fire, by Andreas Oberg and Michael Horowitz, with cd - $20

Guitar Fretboard Workout, by Barrett Tagliarino (marked up - answers made in book) - $5

Music Theory, Hal Leonard Guitar Method, by Tom Kolb - $8

Theory and Harmony for the Contemporary Musician, by Arnie Berle - $7

Intro to Gypsy Jazz Guitar, by John Jorgenson (light writing in a couple places), with CD and DVD-$20

Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar Theory, Revised Edition - $9

The Progressive Guitarist Series, Arpeggios for Guitar, by Don Latarski - $5

Tough call, to let it go, but such is life. I hope others can get some good use out of everything here, and I really appreciate your taking a look. Please PM if interested, all, and thanks.
-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Really sorry to hear that you have been unwell, get well soon
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Rimm. I'm afraid too many years of serious overtraining, treating my back like an immortal thing when I was too young, and too stupid, to pay attention. But I don't want to whine - so many folks struggling with far worse. Just not possible any longer to play, so we move on. I do appreciate your kind wishes, pal.

Some pics, folks (sorry for the quality - hope it gives some idea, the guitar is pristine):

001.jpg
    003.jpg
    004.jpg
    005.jpg
    006.jpg
    -Paul

• JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Oh, man, this is such sad news. I'll send you a pm. Paul, I'm going to miss your input and friendship on these forums, and hope you can get by all of these issues. I know how much all of this means to you.

Wish you the best always, brother!

Phil
    Hey Phil - thank you, brother. I said it in PM, hope it's OK to say it here, I've enjoyed our camaraderie, and your story has been an inspirational one, here. I'd love to hear you play someday, looking forward to seeing the fruit of your work, now. Thanks, man, for your kindness.

Updates made to the listings, folks. Thanks again for taking a look.
    -Paul

• keary18keary18 Jackson, MS✭✭✭✭
    Wishing you the best recovery!

David
    Thanks, David - great community of folks, here, and I'm grateful for these kind thoughts, like yours.

Updates made, folks.
    -Paul

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    If somebody is interested in a Dg 300, from here I'd say this is one of the good ones: check out the grain of the top... and it's a fair price.
    edited December 2009 Posts: 1,471
    frater wrote:
    If somebody is interested in a Dg 300, from here I'd say this is one of the good ones: check out the grain of the top... and it's a fair price.

Frater, thanks for the comment. I would be lying if I didn't admit this comes with some difficulty, as the truth of it is I love this guitar, especially after it has been worked on as it has, and I learned so much in such a short time. I hope to heal and get back in at some point, and have something to hand on to my boy. Anyway, not trying to be maudlin, or plug for sympathy points - guess I'm feeling some things a bit keenly today.

Anyway, hope it's OK to mention (please forgive the breach of privacy, Alfonso), but my former teacher, Alfonso Ponticelli, was impressed with the guitar. In class one night, he went through our guitars, and played them a bit. He felt the guitar had a really nice tone, playability, esp. a really nice low-end - I think he talked in terms of "power," its ability to really handle playing in the style, ...forgive the lapsed memory, but it was in this vein. I didn't take that lightly, coming from him, and was very pleased. Greg, or David - if you gents are on - you may recall the comments he made, on that night. (Chris, if you happen to come on board, as well - feel free to add your comments, as you played it brilliantly (along with your luthier), and showed its potential, before this wide-eyed newbie). Anyway, yeah, I think it's a fair price, esp. after spending a couple hundred $ on luthier work, and installing a Dupont Bridge on board.
    -Paul

• Passacaglia, PM sent about guitar.

Thank you
    edited January 2010 Posts: 1,471
    At the risk of seeming like a lunatic, I've decided to put the guitar on hold for now, all. In no small measure, my ending my playing, and my selling it off, is an emblem of what's gone on over the last couple of years, and its sale is hitting myself, and my boy, a bit more than we thought. Apologies to all.

The other stuff is still for sale, if interested. Thanks to all for their kind wishes, and interest.
    -Paul