DjangoBooks.com

Blues en Mineur Intro

smilinjacksmilinjack The Wilds of Borneo & The Vineyards of BordeauxNew
edited November 2009 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 80
Greetings,
Anyone know the short series of Chords/Triads that Angelo Debarre opens this with?

Thanks,
Jack
"You Can Walk Around this Town Without Brains. . . But You Can't Walk Around Without Money!"

Comments

• JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Not sure if this is what you are wanting, but, in Bb (Gm) I think it's something like:

Gm6 | Gm/Bb | D7 (repeat)

Gm6: 3 - x - 2 - 3 - x - x
    Gm/Bb: 6 - x - 5 - 7 - x - x
    D7: 5 - x - 4 - 5 - x - x
    and a single note descending lick from Eb - D - C - Bb - A or similar (really up to you)

What CD or version are you referencing? I don't have his version but Bero Landauer does something like the above. It probably could be played with more notes (full chords), but I cheat when I can, and use 3.
  • smilinjacksmilinjack The Wilds of Borneo & The Vineyards of BordeauxNew
    Thanks Dawg!
    It from: "Mémoires: Memories Of Django" with Angelo & Tchavolo Schmitt.

Jack
    "You Can Walk Around this Town Without Brains. . . But You Can't Walk Around Without Money!"
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Hi Jack,

Sounds like a variation on this standard intro (try some different tensions on the Bb7):

D7 (or Am) Gm6 C7.......B7..........Bb7
    -8------------------------6-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -7------------------------5----------------------5---------------------------------------------------
    -9------------------------7----------------------3----------------------------------------------------
    -7------------------------5----------------------5---------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------3-----etc---------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

then an A7b9 arpeggio, resolve to D, launch into tune...

Jack
  • smilinjacksmilinjack The Wilds of Borneo & The Vineyards of BordeauxNew
    Thanks Jack!
    How have You been.
    I'll be up Your way in soon; Do You have yu gigs posted anywhere?

Best Regards,
    Jack
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Things are good here...we're taking it light until after New Year's, but you can find our regular gigs here. (Fridays and Sundays, mostly.)

best,
    Jack.