DjangoBooks.com

Gitane DG-330 John Jorgenson "Tuxedo" Model For Sa

gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
edited September 2009 in Classifieds Posts: 213
I'm selling a slightly used Gitane DG-330 Tuxedo guitar. It has very little playing time on it at all. It sounds good, plays in tune, everything is solid. There's one ding on the top lower bout on the bass side which is covered up by your arm when you're playing. If not for that it's in mint condition otherwise.

It is set up well with low action and sounds nice and dry. This Gitane model has a bit more neck angle, a very tall bridge and drier sound than the earlier models. I have many guitars and I need cash so I'm selling this one. There's nothing wrong with it, I just need the bread.

I posted a couple pictures. I have more I can email as well. PM if interested or call me at 650-438-9828. I'm in the San Francisco area. Asking price $750.

Thanks!
www.dougmartinguitar.com
Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone

Comments

• gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Guitar still for sale :)
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    Guitar still around - $700
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    For those of you who don't know... Doug used to work for the company that made this guitar... he traveled to their factories... often... and now he plays a guitar made by one of the top living luthiers in this style. (and when I say "plays" I mean - plays professionally... as in... touring on three continents)

So, let's review:
    Owned by a guy who used to work for the company that made the guitar and who is a professional player in this style... so:

1.) ...a guy who knows what to look for in a guitar and
    2.) ...had the ability to play a lot of guitars and choose the one he liked.

Now, have I ever played this guitar? Nah. But would I bet that it's a better than average example of this model? Gee... let me think...

;-)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    I almost got the chance to play this guitar last month, but didn't know the changes to the tune Doug wanted to do!
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com