DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

KassieSowe ians swband Djangoagogo stephanewrembel trojun74

How do you measure bridge height?

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
Dumb question: Do you measure at the highest point (bass side), or is it the average in the middle?
Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Ben,

Best to measure at each E string. Most folks do IIRC. Middle section is probably the average between the two measurements.

If going for a non-custom bridge, measure the low E as its the tallest

BTW, great jammin' with you at Northampton.

Best,
    HCQ
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Hey, thanks. I'm sure I had a great time jamming with you as well, but I'm not sure who you are. You must have another name besides HCQ.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
    Ben,

We mostly jammed on Saturday. First under the big tree during the day, and then by the fireplace near the lobby. I thnk we also walked back from eating when you showed me your well worn picks..

My name is Sol and I came with my son who is a bass player.

Good luck with the new axe and be well. I was also thinking of getting another Sel/Mac, but after Django in June, I realized I have to get better at this style. Besides, I think my little Dell Arte really held up very well with its old school sound.

Best,
    HCQ
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Ah, that's good, Sol, I think I've got you identified now. Sometimes I wasn't so good at getting names. I did indeed enjoy jamming with you. Are you coming back next year?

It takes more discipline than I have to stick with the guitar that you have and focus on learning how to play it before moving on to another. I hope by next year I can prove to be somewhat deserving of this new instrument.

All the best ...
    Benny

-- Orson Welles