DjangoBooks.com

bass newbie girlfriend

blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
edited May 2009 in Bass Posts: 119
Hello everyone, well, i've managed to find a girlfriend who not only loves gj, but wants to play it on the bass. Her grandpa, Maestro, played upright bass as his main instrument many, many moons ago, and i think she wants to carry on the family tradition. well, for now, were using an electric bass guitar, and before i start searching the web for relevant sites, i was hopeing someone here could hook us up with some good websites . Thank you !
shut up and play your guitar

Comments

Does she have a sister in Texas? 8)

You lucky dog!
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Nothing is going to beat a live teacher, especially for developing arco technique. A self-taught student can really pick up some bad habits that later develop into pain and injury.

GJ is easy on bass if you have proper double bass technique. Have her find a teacher (perhaps even her grandpa) and learn it right.
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
    Hello, thanks. Well, no sisters in texas, but lots of cousins in new mexico ! The whole damn clan is so musically inclined . Grandpas gone. And good advice about a real teacher, i'm sure we will move in that direction. i've shown her scales, arps, the old standby blues walk, sleepwalk, and we got the minor swing and georgia brown bass lines off this forum . We have spent time going over posture and wrist angle, and she's a quick learner. I hope we can jam with some of you someday !
  • Blue DragBlue Drag S.F. Bay Area✭✭✭✭
    Try Talkbass.com it's a very informative, friendly and helpful site, much like this forum. It deals with all things bass: upright bass, electric upright bass, electric bass guitar, acoustic/electric bass guitar; well you get the picture.

+1 on a Good teacher.
  • blindjimmyblindjimmy phoenix,az✭✭✭✭
    Great coincidence , i just found that website a couple of weeks ago ! thank you