DjangoBooks.com

new website

2»

Comments

• pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    Great. I agree with all the other comments (especially about Sam).

But,.... one small criticism, on the media page, which lets face it, for people checking you out for the first time, is where they're gonna go (it's what i did, having not heard you before), the first video i encountered has very poor quality sound, the guitars are all distorted. As are the other videos...

I would change that.

The tunes in the pop up player are fine but i think (as i did) people will click on the videos first, before the player, & you want their first impression to be as slick as possible.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I agree...we have a severe lack of good video, and the bit we do have is missing our percussionist, who was out of town that night. Hopefully we can change that soon. Thanks for the feedback!

best,
    Jack.
  • HotBootsHotBoots East Bay, CANew
    Just wondering, whoever is on the right hand side of the videos on your website, what kind of guitar are you using? I noticed that it is a bit thinner than my guitar (a Dell Arte DG-P1), and i've always got my eyes open for something a little more petite. my hands are the size of a 12 year old girls, and my arms aren't very long, so i figure a smaller body would mold into my physiology much better.

thanks!
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    The lead guitar is a Dell'Arte Dark Eyes; the rhythm is a Dell'Arte Minor Swing. They both have the same dimensions--the Minor Swing was made with different hardward to help keep the cost down. Dell'Arte describes it as the "studio version" of the Dark Eyes, made more affordable for working musicians.

The Minor Swing is actually for sale right now, if you're interested.

best,
    Jack.
  • HotBootsHotBoots East Bay, CANew
    thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I would definitely be more interested in the lead guitar; dark eyes. I just bought a Dell arte DG-P1 in september, so it will be a while till I get another, but I'm happy to know that gypsy guitars with smaller bodies do exist.