DjangoBooks.com

New CD: Billet Deux - Deux

MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
edited November 2008 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 6,152

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving the samples--another new direction! This may finally get my cellist girlfriend interested in playing jazz...

best,
    Jack.
  • AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    Hmmm, I can't get the sound samples to work. I'm curious to hear what they did with Joy Spring.
  • langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys,

Michael beat me to it. He's fast.

But our new CD "Deux" is out and available.

I'm really think this CD is great. It's diverse and interesting, and different than most anything else you've heard.

We're trying to sound like "us". We're americans, not Manouche, but there is no one who reveres Django more than I do. But much as the Manouche have Django in their soul and heritage, I have jazz in my soul and heritage and I am thrilled to be at another convergence of two great peoples and their music coming together once again. Dorado and Tchavolo are my cousins and brothers as are all of you.

I will tell you that if you're looking for 320 bpm guitar I am not your guy.
    But if you want to hear some beautiful music played with complete respect to all the masters that have preceded us, maybe this is your thing.

Adelaarvaren, I'm not sure why the MP3s aren't working for you but maybe try www.digstation.com/billet-deux. If not, I'm in Seattle, I'll deliver a CD to your door if you want.

I'll see you at DFNW.

Let's jam at my house. You know where I live.

Troy
    Tried again... Works now :)

Oh wow! That is awesome! I'm so blessed to live in the hotbed of this style for N. America.

I'll buy a copy of that, for sure!

Bravo les mecs ;)
  • langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Adelaarvaren!

We're playing a Seattle CD release concert at The Columbia City Theater

http://www.columbiacitytheater.com/

on Thursday Aug 21 @ 8pm

I would love to meet you and have a chance to say hello.

Spread the word to 200 of your closest friends :)

Troy
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Troy
    Good on you!! Save a copy for me, I'll pick it up at DFNW! It sounds amazing! we are working on ours which will feature dennis chang on several tracks!
    See you soon!!!
    Ben
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    A review is up at Djangology. I really recommend this disc to anyone with an interest in the evolution of gypsy jazz. It's unlike anything else out there.

best,
    Jack.
    Giving this a listen again today...

I really love this disc. While it mostly isn't dance music like so much of the swing that our beloved Django did, it is so gorgeous. I need to pick the first disc now!
  • simplygoodmusicsimplygoodmusic Rome, ItalyNew
    I'll be sure to order it as soon as I stop moving these days. It looks really really interesting, and exactly like what I love!

Plus, that last track is one of my fav pieces of all time :wink: My I ask who's vocals those were?
    Just bought the first one - I found it for download on Amazon.com.

Actually, they are both available there :D