DjangoBooks.com

My 1st CD! and Godefroy Maruejouls guitars

stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
edited March 2005 in Welcome Posts: 386
At long last i went into the studio last week with my new quartet to record my first CD
Stu Blagden lead gtr( fantastic selmer copy by Godefroy Maruejouls)
Ducato rhythm gtr
Alex keen String bass
Ed Hession Accordions

You can hear some sound clips here (on Godefroys site)
The MP3s are compressed of course but will give you an idea of the final CD result hopefully.
There are also some nice clips of fellow UK guitarist Jeff Green

http://www.godefroyguitars.com/en/music.html

I hope you enjoy my playing!

Best
Stu

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    sounds great man! i knew it would!! hats of to ya
  • pallopennapallopenna Rhode IslandNew
    Stu,

Sounds terrific! Le Reve D'Un Soir' reminds me of Manouche Partie - not too shabby...
    Reject the null hypothesis.
  • ClayClay Tulsa, OkNew
    stubla , could you possibly supply me with the chart to "un historie simple"? its been one of my favorite ballads ever since i heard it for the first time on birelis gypsy project cd , your version is quite excellent as well!
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    pallopenna wrote:
    Stu,

Sounds terrific! Le Reve D'Un Soir' reminds me of Manouche Partie - not too shabby...

Thanks to all who said nice things!
    "Not too shabby"!--what a great title for the CD!
    Dennis--whats that in french?
    BTW Dennis-your good words mean alot to me especially...one day we'll have a jam together OK?
    Going to Samois?
    Stu
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hey Stu....your stuff sounds totally pro. Nice tone, phrasing, ideas....good modern sounding rhythm section.

Great job!

'm
    Hey Stu....your stuff sounds totally pro. Nice tone, phrasing, ideas....good modern sounding rhythm section.

Great job!

'm

Cheers Michael
    Next week we go in to do some more hotclub biased stuff-i want the cd to be a hopefully cohesive mixture of trad Django and slightly more modern stuff-- i want to get some 'Boulou meets Astor Piazzolla' feel in there as well :-)
    The great Tim 'thrip' Robinson has agreed to guest on one track as well.
    One track,a ballad by K Jarrett called "Mon coeur est Rouge", will have a string section as well....gulp.....
    :-0
    This stuff can be fun!
    Stu
  • campfirecampfire New
    Damn, Stu. Those clips sound terriffic!!! The waltz is killer, and I really liked the solo piece. When will the CD become available? I want one. BTW, those guitars (Godefroy's) are amazing looking, and yours sounds really good on the sound-clips. Now that you are a big star, and international recording artist, will you still play a few tunes with me at Samois this year? :wink:

Larry Camp
    www.larrycamp.com (my personal jazz guitar website)
    www.impromptujazz.com (my gypsy-jazz website)
    campfire wrote:
    Damn, Stu. Those clips sound terriffic!!! The waltz is killer, and I really liked the solo piece. When will the CD become available? I want one. BTW, those guitars (Godefroy's) are amazing looking, and yours sounds really good on the sound-clips. Now that you are a big star, and international recording artist, will you still play a few tunes with me at Samois this year? :wink:

Larry Camp

Larry
    The pleasure will be all mine!--as a matter of fact i don't think we got round to it last year did we?
    You played with my mate, the excellent Simon Moore(hes playing at L'esprit Manouche this year), and i was there when you jammed with Ritary at Samoreau etc...unforgettable memories yes?
    Your melodic lines and chord ideas are beautiful btw!
    Glad to know your going again
    Thanks for the 'tres jolie' comments-the CD is coming out in July hopefully!.
    Stu
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    stubla wrote:
    Presumably my invitation has been delayed in the post.
    stubla wrote:
    Presumably my invitation has been delayed in the post.

I don't know Teddy--maybe there's a problem with the postal address i have for you?
    It IS still 'Dupont Towers' yes?...:-)
    Luv
    Stu