DjangoBooks.com

Where to buy Gypsy Rhythm ? ( without huge shipping fees)

clacosclacos New
edited July 2007 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 14
Hello, i'd like to buy Gypsy Rhythm and Gipsy Picking, however the shipping costs to france are quite prohibitive (45$ for both).
So, does anybody know if there is an online shop in continental europe that has these books ?

Thank you

Comments

• pdaiglepdaigle Montreal, QCNew
    Francois Charle has Michael's books (he's in Paris):

http://www.rfcharle.com
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Yes, you can get it from Francois. Although with the exchange rate I'm not sure it's any cheaper.

The Rhythm book is very, very heavy. Hence the high shipping fee. Unfortunately there's no way around that. That's the cheapest rate we can use.

'm
  • clacosclacos New
    Thanks for the answers.
    I could order Gypsy Pick from them, but they have no more Gypsy Rhythm... Hopefully, only a temporary situation ?
    He hasn't ordered anymore...so it might be a while.
  • neillneill portland ,englandNew
    Hmm yes, I was about ot order but was then put off by the shipping charge... there was couple of copies at samois at the AJL stand... I came back about 10 mins later and they were gone.. don't know how much they were on sale for, though i was charged 35 euro for gypsy fire - it says 35 dollars on the back cover..
    With the dollar so weak right now, you're actually getting a huge bargain even with expensive shipping! :D Most European dealers will sell the book for 65 Euros...that's $90 US dolllars before shipping.

I wish there was a cheaper way to ship them...but alas, for a book this heavy there's no way around it. Sorry, I'll try to limit my books to less then 50 pages in the future!

'm
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
  • SigurdSigurd Copenhagen, DenmarkNew
    Good idea! And if you remove the ink from the paper, I think it won't be so heavy :wink:
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, though, that's not a bad idea...Michael, have you looked into somehow offering a downloadable version of your books? Obviously it would need to have some sort of copy protection built in, but it might find a big market in far-flung places. Or do you think people will be too tempted to pirate it?

best,
    Jack.
    Hi Jack...I've looked into the eBook option. Unfortunately, the copy protection isn't advanced enough yet. If I sold a digital version it would be up for download all across the Internet within days. :(

'm