DjangoBooks.com

My Experience of Djangobooks.com

About 2 months ago I ordered a D-500, a case , and a setup and a few tweaks from djangobooks. Naturally being in the UK i was concerned how it would all work out with the long distance travel, combined with this being my first acoustic guitar, and first foray into jazz(gypsy).
I need not have worried, Josh set up the instrument beautifully, and he and Michael both made the whole process a wonderful experience.
It arrived safe and sound, and I tuned it up and since the past two months have been a true joy. Life has been hectic so I have had less music time than I normally like, but what I have had has seen my Strat sitting quietly on its own while i grip firmly onto my Gitane.
I just wanted to thank the guys from Djangobooks, and tell you all about there wonderful service.
p.s Cant wait for Michaels new book, which i will be getting ASAP :)

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Thanks for the kind words....glad you're enjoying your new guitar!

-Michael
  • Django_NetherlandsDjango_Netherlands The NetherlandsNew
    I'm thinking about ordering a d-500, case, custom high quality bridge + gpysy setup.

As worldbefree i'm a bit concerned about the guitar and all the travelling. It will save me a lot of money compaired buying a d-500 in my country. (even with the add-ons) Reading your story encourage me a lot and i should just do it.

Though i got a question about the shipping costs. Maybe someone could give me an indication? That way i can calculate roughly the taxes and importcosts i'll have to pay in my country.

Thanks for this wonderful site.

greetings,

Jeroen
  • tommasotommaso ROMA-ITALYNew
    Hi Django_Netherlands,
    the import taxes depend on :
    - the country you live,
    - the country of the product comes from
    - the product category.

If i bought a guitar from USA I know that when it comes to Italy I have to pay local customs : 3,7% of the price paid+shipping cost, than I have to pay another 20% VAT , calculated on the previous amount.
    So the price for me grows a lot (more or less 25% the price paid to the seller, excluding the shipping expences).
    But this is valid for Italy; you should ask to your local customs office to know exactly the amount of the import taxes.
    Anyway I have bought several items from Djangobooks (books, cd,strings) and on these small products I didn't pay any import tax.
    I also suggest you to give a look to the TARINC (search on the net), to find the category of the product you are going to import from USA and to know thw taxes.
    Hope this will help.
    Bye,
    Tommaso
    Grazie Django!
  • Django_NetherlandsDjango_Netherlands The NetherlandsNew
    Thank you tommaso importtaxes are 3,20 % on acoustic guitars. the 19% taxes are known for our country as well. So i've got a fair indication of the costs right know. Thanks again.!

If i calculated everything it'll save me a lot of euros even with a custom bridge/gypsy setup compaired with a standerd model in Holland. !