DjangoBooks.com

Denis Chang's Jazz Manouche DVD - The Art of Accompaniment

2»

Comments

• fretburnerfretburner Victoria BC CanadaNew
    Great DVD! Very informative. I like the teaching approach used with various students of different skill level and guitar type trying to follow Dennis' instructions as he goes. Love the in depth descriptions near the end of the DVD ( I its think near the end..) of the different rythms used in GJ. Overall a definate must have video for anyone trying to wrap their head and hands around gypsy jazz rythm!
  • pale42pale42 ✭✭✭
    Defenitly the best rythm teaching around. Bravo!

Will there be a DVD for harmony, somewhere in the future? As you mention it somewhere during the lessons.

Best,
    Perry
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    wow thank you very much, but don't forget to order michael horowitz's rhythm book which i'm sure will complement my DVD really well and then no one will have an excuse to play poor rhythm!!

and make sure to make it to django in june this summer where i will be presenting some of the material for my upcoming 4 volume DVD (will shoot iit this summer) which will deal with almost everything (i can't reveal everything or i'll be left with nothing ;-) ) I know about soloing and improvisation in the "django tradition"... concepts that i learned (either directly or from videos/cds) with ritary, fapy, lollo, paulus schafer, stochelo, angelo, bireli, etc... My goal is to make these DVDs (hence four DVDs, each will probably last 2-3 hours!) so complete and so dense like the rhythm DVD that no one will have an excuse to play crappy solos hahahaha
  • conradconrad Toronto, CanadaNew
    Very exciting to hear, Dennis!! Thanks for leaking it! Oh... don't forget to go see Bireli on Tuesday... I'm in Toronto and I'm very jealous and bitter. Why does no one come to Toronto!? You should have sent Andreas our way. hehe

much love,

Conrad
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    the bireli concert is cancelled.. i wasn't planning on going anyway, i'm actually kinda fed up with guitar and gypsy jazz and all that hahaha