DjangoBooks.com

I need a starter guitar !!!

ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
edited April 2007 in Classifieds Posts: 56
I'm new in GJ and i need a starter guitar and i need an advice.I have a low budget, 400-450$. I think I'm going for an used Saga Dg255(M). I like the maple one but i hate the peg head.
What do you think..???I should wait for a Dg300?? I won't to know a good price for a Dg300....Thanks!!![/quote]

Comments

• marcieromarciero Southern MaineNew
    You should check ebay recent auctions for idea of used prices for these guitars. I have been waffling on selling my D-500 but it would probably not make sense to shipp to E. Europe.

Mike A
  • ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    How can I calculate shipping taxes for a gypsy guitar from US to Europe (Romania)???...I've searched on ebay.fr but the prices of gypsy guitars are much higher...I wait for opinions....should I wait for a DG300??
    Whats a good price for an used Dg300?

Thanks !!!
    P.S. : Sorry for my english !!!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Hi...send me your address and I can tell you what it will cost to ship to a guitar to Romania.

-Michael
  • ManoucheriesManoucheries Europe:Romania✭✭✭
    Thanks for help Michael!

As you said, the shipping taxes are way to high...One more question...What do you think about Patenotte 256???Used it costs 800$ and I can buy one from Germany...Is it a good deal?? If not i think I'll wait until September when my sister comes back form U.S.
    Could you give me some links from european stores?

Thanks again !!!

All my respect !!!
  • marcartemimarcartemi Shanghai ChinaNew
    Hi!
    I got mine from a shop in Toulouse (France) it is a Gallato serie 2 (copy 1939), for really cheap (250 EUR) and quality not so bad but it is not on the website.. and it was their last one in the shop (http://www.valley-and-blues.com/).
    Maybe you can find second hands there or in other shops in France.... the shipment should be way cheaper than from the USA.

Good luck!
    Marc
    ..little by little..
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    The Patenotte 256 is a good guitar. I owned one for about 1.5 years and loved it. With a good set up they are worth the money but an odd guitar to play. There are a short scale that joins at the 14th fret. This has allot to do with the tone. They play and sound like a vintage instrument. So if your looking for a super fast lead guitar the 256 is not it but it is great for a trad tone and good rhythm. A great stater guitar for GJ.

On the other hand a DG-300 (Saga Gitane) is great too. Much more of a lead machine but also great when it comes to rhythm. I own one of these and play it allot. I like the mid punch it has for lead work.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    Patenottes are good guitars and they really sound like gypsy guitars, I highly recommend it. If you want the sound and the feeling of such a guitar and don't care about detailed craftmanship, you got it.
    But also since you're in Europe are you sure you don't have any more local luthier that build these guitars ? I would check that, they are plenty in Europe.
    Good luck,
    - JG