DjangoBooks.com

GUARDIAN TWEED HARDSHELL GYPSY JAZZ GUITAR CASE

Comments

• A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    Michael,
    I believe the regular price and the sale price are incorrect.
    Best,
    A.K.
  • TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    I love these cases, they give off an immediate classic vibe. Yeah +1 for the errata regarding the sale price.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    I have one of these cases and I love it. It's very snug fit but my guitar is a bit bigger than the standard Selmer dimensions. it's closer to a Favino. I was a little worried about the neck of mine fitting bercause it's so wide but the little neck cradle is made from a flexible foam so it accomodates it very well. I did get a case cover for it as I only wanted to buy one case. Highly recommended.
    Ken Bloom
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Does anyone have an opinion on how the Guardian cases compare to the Golden Gate cases? Michael, you have both on hand. Are they comperable, or is one noticably better?
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
    Where did you buy your case cover, that sounds like a great way of keeping the tweed fabric clean?
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Does anyone have an opinion on how the Guardian cases compare to the Golden Gate cases? Michael, you have both on hand. Are they comparable, or is one noticeable better?

They seem to be similar in quality. The Golden Gates are modeled after the original Selmer case. So if you want the vintage look they're better. They're also have a low profile which makes them a little easier to carry.

Other then that, they seem fairly similar.

I like the Guardian fiberglass case better then then Jumbo ones. The Guardian seems to have a little better design. It has an accessories pocket and is easier to close. But is too small for Favinos.

'm
  • Ken BloomKen Bloom Pilot Mountain, North CarolinaNew
    My case cover was made by Betty Vornbrock of Autumn Winds Cases. She does excellent work and has done soft cases and case covers for a lot of people. It's the edges of the case that go first. A simple cover will make your case last for decades. I have a similar cover for my Epiphone Emperor case, which is huge, and the case still looks new.
    Ken Bloom
    Thanks Ken, i'll try and google her down.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    You can email Betty at rounders3 ( at ) earthlink ( dot ) net

John
  • A.K. KibbenA.K. Kibben Tucson AZ USANew
    I have two "Small Dog" case covers...
    Love 'em
    http://www.smalldogcasecovers.com/