DjangoBooks.com

Searching for a way to understand this.

I don't know where to post this... but....

Um... I'm not sure how to comprehend it. It has left me feeling a little... well... I'm not sure how it makes me feel. For the squeamish, be forewarned... This is a video of JJ and a bluegrass band backing David Lee Roth as he sings a bluegrass version of "Jump"

No, it doesn't really belong here... it's not really a Gypsy Jazz thing but JJ is part of this so I guess it fits a little. Whether he was a willing party to it - we'll never know. The musicianship is great and I think the banjo solo is cool - recapitulates Eddy Van Halen's solo and actually sounds cool!

But this is just about as awkward as seeing a Nun in a bikini.

Wow.

Let me know whether I should take this down...

You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.

Comments

My eyes, my eyes!

My ears, my ears!

Please, make it stop!!!!

:wink:
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    this video is terrible, and it's not just me who thinks so - read the responses from the last time someone posted it in this forum:

viewtopic.php?t=1723
  • Colin PerryColin Perry Montreal, QCNew
    Best line:
    Ok, who hasn't soloed yet?

I see that's also Rob Ickes on dobro.
  • spatzospatzo Virtuoso
    and also Jorgenson on mandoline !

A+
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Wow... You're right! Josh posted this in June.... and it's not just a badly conceived Regis and Kathy Lee segment... there is a whole album of it... That should not be. (now Shatner style) ... It .... should ........ not ... be.

I just showed the "Strummin With The Devil" stuff to my wife and she looked horrified and left the room... (we were head-bangers in times past \m/ \m/ )

OK... must think good thoughts... back to thinking about Django... Eddie Condon... Lollo, Bireli, Samson, Angelo, Patrick, Andreas.... OK... feeling much better now...

In fact, may I offer the following audio snippet to help the healing begin.
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.