DjangoBooks.com

looking for a used Gitane (D-500, DG-250,250M,255)

jayjayjayjay New
edited March 2007 in Classifieds Posts: 29
Looking to get into this amazing style! I am looking for a decent starter Giatane, probably a D-500, DG-250,250M or 255. I would like a pickup on it if possible but it is not necessary. I would like to buy it with a hard case but again that is not absolutely necessary, just preferred. I am also willing to consider any good instructional materials that any one may want to include with the guitar.

thanks.

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Jayjay,

I've got an instrument you might be interested in...no pickup, but it does come with a hard case, some extra strings/picks, and possibly some instructional materials if you're interested. The sound is very midrangey (in a good way), and overall it's probably on a par with or above many of the Gitanes. Let me know!

Best,
    Jack.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I'll have those pictures I promised you soon of my D-500. If you like it, we can talk price.
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • nuagesnuages central ar.✭✭✭
    Hi jayjay,

I sent you a PM.
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    jayjay--

Here are the pics I promised you. This was Bob Quine's D-500. I have more if you send me an e-mail address.
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Michael,

THE Bob Quine? Of Richard Hell & the Voidoids?? No kidding...
    No kidding, John. Think I should keep it? He did great stuff with Lou Reed as well. Bob had several Gitanes, and after his death I played several and picked the one I liked the best. It was a clear winner, too.

Not to change the subject, but are you interested in either the Saturday or Sunday events at Django-a-go-go? I have wheels...
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
    Michael,

That is too cool. I'd say that's a keeper... Sent you a PM...

John
  • SickstringSickstring Chicago✭✭✭
    Michael what gives?!?

I thought you were hanging on to that 500 forever?

Scott
    Funny how many people tell me I am crazy to part with it. The 9th fret marker drives me nuts, now that I have gotten used to the marker on the 10th fret, so I almost never play it, even though it sounds really good. If I sell it, I may regret it, but how sentimental should I be? I used to own a '59 Les Paul and sold it. If I got over that, I can get over anything!!!
  • SickstringSickstring Chicago✭✭✭
    "I used to own a '59 Les Paul and sold it. If I got over that, I can get over anything!!!"

Hmm, you've got a point there....

Scott