DjangoBooks.com

Dennis C's Northampton Workshop

Coolbopper1Coolbopper1 NH, USANew
edited February 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 15
I haven't seen anything about this workshop on any boards and I think you all should know that Dennis C along with Andrew Lawrence put on a great workshop.
It was very clear, inclusive and well thought out.
I thought Dennis presented all subjects with compassion and a real desire to share his understandings and perspectives.
The ryhtym workshop was especially good IMO.
If any of you folks here ever want a great addition to any programs where a workshop dealing with the basics of trad playing in this style would be desireable, Dennis C would be a great person to present it for you. I thought the whole thing was just excellent and I learned a lot.

Andrew Lawrence and his Pioneer Vally Acoustic Guitar network put it all together for Dennis to do it. Andrew is a tireless supporter of this music and does a lot of things for so many people.
He's a good player too. A real treat to be there with all who were in attendance.

Just thought I'd post about this because good things like Dennis C's workshop should be a known thing.

Shepp

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    The ryhtym workshop was especially good IMO.

Agreed. The whole thing was a blast, but so many workshops give rhythm short shrift, and it was great to really get into the details (we spent about two and a half hours on it, while most workshops I've seen give it just a quick overview). Where would we be without La Pompe? My only regret is that we didn't have video running. Next time!

Thanks, Dennis.
    Jack.
  • marcieromarciero Southern MaineNew
    Yes by all means-let me second that emotion and extend my thanks to Dennis, and also Jack for hosting and Andrew for organizing. This is just the type of thing I need as as I try to develop my playing in the style. I much enjoyed the jamming-it was great to hear really good players playing this music, especially Dennis, Shepp, Jack, and Andrew, not to mention Chris (?) on violin (Holy s&#t!) Very inspiring.

Mike
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    marciero wrote:
    not to mention Chris (?) on violin (Holy s&#t!) Very inspiring.

Yeah, that was Chris; he's one of those lucky bastards who can play anything he lays his hands on! Once, at a rehearsal soon after we'd begun playing together, he sat down at the piano during a break and starting rattling off some great stuff...inspiring indeed. The bum.

Best,
    Jack.