DjangoBooks.com

'Selmer Guitars' by Francois Charle

Would be interested to know if their is an electronic version of this book or a PDF version, i think their must be quite a few Gypsy Jazzers out their who'd like to have a read of this book but apparently its been out of print since 2005 and does'nt look like it will be reissued. Occasionally i've seen one or two come up on ebay but they sell for crazy money as is the way with ebay!
Currently-Gitane 250M
Previously-Gitane 255
Previously- Gitane D500

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    This is a truly superb quality book. Magnificently printed and presented. By far the best I have seen about or involving gypsy jazz in terms of production standards.
  • TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    Yes i would imagine this to be the case from the excerpts i have seen, however given that jazz is not mainstream and gyspy jazz doubly so i can't imagine this book going back into print can you?
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I remember the first time I saw a copy-amazing! I really regret not having bought one; I was dirt poor at the time. If a pdf version was ever made available for a legal sale by download, I'd definitely buy one simply for the amount of research it contains.

Michael, you wouldn't have any influence here, would you?

Best,
    Jack.
  • Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    I found one about a year ago from a guy that get 5 when they where available. He has since sold all of them and I had to pay quite a bit more for it then it was originally when available. There are more French versions then English I believe. So if you find one make sure it's in the language of your choice. I have not seen any on ebay for over a year.

Cheers,
    Josh
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I doubt this will ever be reprinted...too bad. Great book! I got mine when I was living in Amsterdam.
  • Charlie AyersCharlie Ayers Salt Lake CityProdigy
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=004

Here's a recent ebay sale. I'm glad I got one before the supply dried up.

Charlie
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    edited January 2007 Posts: 1,261
    My recollection, which may or may not be totally correct, is that Francois Charle had to finance this book himself (with subscription assistance) and there was only ever an intention to produce a specific number of copies. Each copy is individually numbered. Fortunately I only had to sell my car to buy my copy. :roll:
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=140064723736&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=004

Here's a recent ebay sale. I'm glad I got one before the supply dried up.

Charlie

:shock:

OK...from now on all DjangoBooks will have a limited run of 100. Then I will secretly keep a stash which I will put on eBay under various pseudonyms and let the bidding go wild!

:D
  • sockeyesockeye Philadelphie sur SchuylkillNew
  • TenorClefTenorClef UKNew
    Well i guess its just a matter of time before some one whacks his copy into a scanner and makes a killin. This happens more than you would think.
    Currently-Gitane 250M
    Previously-Gitane 255
    Previously- Gitane D500