DjangoBooks.com

Blues Clair

Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
edited December 2006 in Repertoire Posts: 1,002
I have found three transcriptions of the first three choruses of the 1947 version of Blues Clair, but can't find a single one that goes beyond that. Does anyone know of a quality transcription out there?

If not, I am going to have to go through the long, laborious process of working it out, and frankly, I'm getting lazy in my old age.
I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.

Comments

• WowBobWowWowBobWow Another Time & SpaceNew
    Hi, Here's a full version. It was transcribed by Yoshihiro Arita. It's from a 'Real Acoustic Guitar' Magazine found in Japan for 30 dollars. Well worth tracking down, if possible. It's a shame the magazine was never translated and available elsewhere!

It has a great set of django solos with standard notation for readers. It contains 11 solos from beginning to end, comes with a special chords page, a comping page/typical 3-chord progression page, 16 'gypsy' patterns, and even a cd.
    Blues claire is one of my all time favorite jazz cuts, so I felt obligated to share this. It's a great solo to learn for a million reasons, and django is clearly in top form and unbelieveable. Hope you enjoy and thanks to Mr. Arita for the transcription! Please try and track the magazine down if you like what you see.

"Real Acoustic Guitar, Django Reinhardt. Rittor Music, by Yoshihiro Arita."
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Ohmygosh, thank you!!! I will start hunting for it immediately. Would you mind sharing what other pieces are included. There's so much great Django that hasn't been transcribed. I agree with you about Blues Clair. Django was cooking that day!
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    wow! thanks man!!
    Where can i get the full magazine? Sounds amazing.
  • Tom LandmanTom Landman Brooklyn, NY✭✭✭✭ 6 strings
    Here's the book, but I'm not sure how one could buy it outside of Japan.
    http://www.rittor-music.co.jp/hp/books/ ... 206408.htm
    wow, I am glad you guys like the magazine! I imagine with a person who is fluent in Japanese, one could order the magazine from Tom's link.

Other transcriptions are:
    m. swing 1937
    m. swing 1947
    m.swing 1949
    blues en mineur
    d's tiger
    djangology
    after you've gone
    belleville
    swing guitars
    i'll see you in my dreams

It's fun book but it is completely in japanese. Luckily my wife is japanese so I can bug her to translate. Even so, most of the riffs and chord progressions can be found through various other gypsy jazz texts. The transcriptions, especially blues claire to me, are the best part.

Enjoy!
    wow, I am glad you guys like the magazine! I imagine with a person who is fluent in Japanese, one could order the magazine from Tom's link.

Other transcriptions are:
    m. swing 1937
    m. swing 1947
    m.swing 1949
    blues en mineur
    d's tiger
    djangology
    after you've gone
    belleville
    swing guitars
    i'll see you in my dreams

It's fun book but it is completely in japanese. Luckily my wife is japanese so I can bug her to translate. Even so, most of the riffs and chord progressions can be found through various other gypsy jazz texts. The transcriptions, especially blues claire to me, are the best part.

Enjoy!
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    I e-mailed Both Arita and the publisher yesterday. If I get a reply on how to order, I will share it with everyone here.

All of the other songs are available elsewhere, but let's face it, transcriptions often differ about the note being played, let alone position. I figure the more I have, the better I can sort out which sound right and which wrong.