DjangoBooks.com

Building a Selmer-Maccaferri Guitar by Michael Collins

HyperHip Media is pleased to announce the release of its new book:

"Building a Selmer-Maccaferri Guitar"
by Michael Collins.
Expected delivery date: Early October, 2006
We are accepting advance orders now. Books will be shipped promptly after delivery.

To learn more or to place an order:

http://www.hyperhipmedia.com

Michael and I will be attending DFNW this year. He is giving a workshop on Gypsy Jazz Guitar Set-up. We hope to have 50 books hot off the press! Hope to see you there!

Wayne Nakamura

Comments

• ramsezazramsezaz Paris, FranceNew
    no one commented, so i'll start :)

I've been waiting for this book for a long time, (long enough for me to start building my guitar with some other books :) )

Anyway, from the sample on the website, it seems to be greatly detailed and with many pictures.

I think I'll preorder it anytime soon .
    my lutherie blog : http://ramsezaz/blogspot.com
  • DiggerDigger New
    I tried to comment about an hour after this was posted, but technical problems with that bloody spell checker (which I don't seem to be able to disable, despite what it says in the instructions) meant I couldn't.

Anyway, suffice it to say I've had the Allelujah Chorus playing full tilt on a 24 hour loop since seeing the announcement and my copy will be pre- ordered today with any luck.
  • wayne nakamurawayne nakamura ✭✭✭✭
    Ramsezaz and Digger:

Thanks for your interest in Michael's book.

As stated on the website there are over 275 photos in the book showing all phases of construction and 75 diagrams, many at 100% scale. The diagrams show critical measurements of all parts but also includes mold and template diagrams.

This is the only book dealing with laminated guitar body construction that Michael is aware of.

In addition Michael plans on hosting a chat group, which should be linked to www.collinsguitar.com and www.hyperhipmedia.com. This group would deal with any questions that might arise once people start building their guitars.

Once again thanks for your interest.

wayne nakamura
    www.hyperhipmedia.com
  • Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    I'm on the list for DFNW books as of this morning...

(spoke w/ Michael)
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • naraponarapo FranceNew
    me too ! It looks like a superb, very precise, very precious book :D
  • CollinsguitarCollinsguitar Phoenix, ArizonaNew
    Howdy folks.
    I know it has been a long time in coming, but we (Wayne and myself) needed to do this project right. It is an elaborate, highly detailed instruction manual. Any one with a bit of woodworking skill who can follow instructions should be able to make a guitar that will knock your socks off.
    We are also in the discussion mode for offering pre laminated back and side sets to those of you who don't want to build a whole bunch of forms.

By the way, anyone who will be attending Djangofest Northwest should be aware that I am doing a class on gypsy guitar set-up. I will be detailing the steps you need to take to get the ultimate performance out of your guitar. All class participants will receive a set of shims. Any inquiry's can be directed to this website for further info:
    http://www.djangofest.com/nw/tickets.htm

Looking forward to meeting some of you I have had the pleasure to talk with for the past four years.

Cheers,
    Michael Collins
  • BohemianBohemian State of Jefferson✭✭✭✭
    Michael and Wayne

For those of us who had already ordered the book ( prior to the announcement) do you expect to ship in chronological sequence as the orders were received????

And the Favino plans ?

Thanks
  • CollinsguitarCollinsguitar Phoenix, ArizonaNew
    Hi Bohemian,

The books will indeed ship first to those who order first. Favino plans are in stock now (your set is on the way) and ready to go. These are avialable in full scale as well as a half size print for framing.

Michael Collins
    www.collinsguitar.com
    www.hyperhipmedia.com
    Thanks
    (you set is on the way)

VIA Mule Express? : )