From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Franco Cerri (born January 29, 1926) is an Italian guitarist, born in Milano.
Franco Cerri was not only one of the world's most popular and the most authoritative Italian guitarists, but was also one of the most important stylist in the European jazz world. He began his long and prolific career in 1945 with Gorni Kramer and in 1949 he accompanied Django Reinhardt
. In the 1950s he was near great jazz masters. Working with musicians from Chet Baker to Gerry Mulligan, and from Billie Holliday to Lee Konitz, and in modern jazz quartet, he became a leader in the Italian and European jazz world.
On January 1, 2006 he was named "Commendatore della Repubblica" (official title awarded for service to Italy) by President of the Italian Republic Carlo Azeglio Ciampi.
* 1952 - The Franco Cerri Quintet
* 1958 - Jazzin' with Cerri
* 1959 - Franco Cerri and his European Jazz Stars
* 1960 - Franco Cerri Quartet
* 1960 - Franco Cerri Quartet and Choristers
* 1961 - Franco Cerri International Jazz Meeting
* 1963 - Franco Cerri Bossa Nova
* 1964 - Franco Cerri Chitarra
* 1966 - 12 bacchette per una chitarra
* 1968 - La sera a casa con te
* 1970 - Franco Cerri Jazz
* 1972 - Metti una sera Cerri
* 1974 - From Cathetus to Cicero
* 1975 - A Limen
* 1975 - Querce platani e cerri
* 1975 - Nuages
* 1976 - Franco, Tony e Pompeo
* 1977 - Un suo modo di dire
* 1978 - Noi duero
* 1979 - Demoiselle
* 1981 - Omaggio a Bill Evans
* 1982 - Effetto Alfa
* 1984 - Franco Cerri Today!
* 1985 - From Milan to Frankfurt
* 1990 - Jazz in Italy
* 1990 - Di jazz in jazz
* 1993 - Cerri & Cerri
* 1995 - A Django, en souvenir de Milan
* 1997 - From Milan to Brussels
* 1998 - Images
* 1999 - Di Jazz in Cerri...di Cerri in Jazz
* 2000 - In punta di Cerri
* 2003 - From Cathetus to Cicero "riedizione in cd"
* 2004 - Ieri & oggi "ried. in cd di "Metti una sera Cerri + bonus track"