DjangoBooks.com

Gonzalo Bergara - A una carioca

ericlaveericlave ✭✭ DiMauro St-Louis Blues
in Repertoire Posts: 11

Hello,

i'm transcribing one of Gonzalo's composition : A una carioca.

I have some trouble with chord progression. Anyone got the chord progression for this tune?

I know the F#m - Bm - E7 - A then 2-5-1 but the other part is tricky for me.

Thanks

Eric

Comments

• ericlaveericlave ✭✭ DiMauro St-Louis Blues

Oh yes, i also got the part with D - Db7 - F#m - E

There might be mistake....

• ChristopheCaringtonChristopheCarington San Francisco, CA USANew Dupont MD50, Stringphonic Favino, Altamira Chorus

I personally don't, but I've chatted with Gonzalo - he let's his ears figure out chord progressions & voicings. So I wouldn't focus too much on "this progression doesn't make sense" - only if it sounds right.

Hi Christophe,

I am not trying to make sense of it honestly, i am trying to find the progression he plays. I found a bit more since my post....but still have work ahead to get the whole thing! For some reason this one is though for me to find, usually, i get chord progression pretty fast...not this time! It is for sure a good exercise though.

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Yeah, the toughest ones to figure out are usually the coolest ones.

When I get really stumped, I use one of those slowdowner apps and make a little loop that will repeat each chord over and over for me until DUH! I finally get it right!

Will

BillDaCostaWilliams
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."