DjangoBooks.com

Spain (Chick Corea)

kikiswingkikiswing FranceNew Bob Holo : Model Nouveau 2018. Pierre Anastasio 1985
in Repertoire Posts: 8

Hi all,

Lockdown is still going on in France so far and it's been a long time I've been working on this piece written by Chick Corea.

Today, I got the opportunity to record my own version on my balcony in Bourges (Center of France).

Here is this version played with my Bob Holo guitar bought from this website a few years ago :

I love the version from John Mc Laughlin, Paco De Lucia and Al Di Meola and I have been influenced by the version from Raphael Faÿs.

Please take care of yourself and your loved ones during this worldwide lockdown time.

have a nice day!

Christophe

BucoMichaelHorowitzrichter4208BillDaCostaWilliamsbillyshakesunklep

Comments

• pmgpmg Atherton, CANew Dupont MD50R, Shelley Park Custom, Super 400, 68 Les Paul Deluxe, Stevie Ray Strat

Bravo Christophe! You are braver than moi for tackling this classic tune. I remember getting the vinyl album (Light as Feather) when it was first released and all the cuts sound still sound fresh today. The Return to Forever version with DiMeola was incredible.

Here's my current favorite version with Birelli and Rosenberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HSOy6JoSe4

I wonder how Django would have played this . . .

kikiswingBillDaCostaWilliams
    I'm always interested in jamming with experienced jazz and gypsy jazz players in the San Francisco - San Jose area. Drop me a line. Bass players welcome!
  • flacoflaco Shelley Park #151, AJL Quiet and Portable

Great job! This is one of my absolutely favorite tunes, and I work through the chord progression frequently. This is probably my favorite versions done by one of my favorite bands: https://youtu.be/5As9e_ZJLj4

• billyshakesbillyshakes NoVA✭✭✭ Park Avance - Dupont Nomade - Dupont DM-50E

Bravo Christophe! C'est tres bien joué!

And to be stuck in quarantine in Bourges with the beautiful cathedral in the background. I could think of so many worse places to be locked down in.

• kikiswingkikiswing FranceNew Bob Holo : Model Nouveau 2018. Pierre Anastasio 1985
    edited April 2020 Posts: 8

Thank you flaco.

This version is very nice indeed. Thank you for the link!

• kikiswingkikiswing FranceNew Bob Holo : Model Nouveau 2018. Pierre Anastasio 1985

Thank you Billy.

Yes I'm lucky to be stuck with such a nice view. It's good for inspiration ?

billyshakes