DjangoBooks.com

April Kisses on 1934 Gibson L5

Hey guys

i'm happy to share with you the Acoustic Standards #38, Eddie Lang's "April Kisses" played on my 16 inches 1934 Gibson L5 ! A pure Joy !

Don't hesitate to subscribe if you like what you see/hear !!

MarkABucorichter4208BonesStringswingerMehran srudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliams

Comments

Dude, sweet beard!

Nice playing, great sounding guitar too...

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator

Very nice, Romaine. Your added syncopation gave the waltz a nice sense of swing.

And what a lovely-sounding guitar!

Can we look forward to your version of “Rainbow Dreams”?

Thanks,

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • BonesBones Moderator

Nice thanks. Nice guitar in the background too :-)

Romaine, if you ever have the time to tell us the story of your L-5, I would love to hear it.

I would imagine that in France, these are even more super-rare than they are in North America... as a sax player friend once said about bass saxes, “they are scarcer than rocking horse shit”...

Will

JHAnchorsBones
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • JHAnchorsJHAnchors Austin, Texas New Eastman DM-1-CLA

Very nice playing and lovey L5!

Thanks guys ! Nice tune "Rainbow dreams" but i should do it with a piano too !

The L5 is from 34-35, from a collector friend of mine. It's the first acoustic archtop i bought, and the one that drove me into the madness of 30s and 40s acoustic archtops ! Big V neck, but super comfy !!

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams
    edited February 2020 Posts: 1,854

Thanks, Romain. What kind of strings do you use?

Will

PS after hearing your version of “April Kisses”, I have every confidence that you can play “Rainbow Dreams” unaccompanied, too!

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso

Probably 15-73

15-73...

Oooh, even those numbers hurt my fingers!

JHAnchors

• spatzospatzo Virtuoso

Yes Lang was very easy with such incredible strings