w_lavenew_lavene Cambridge, EnglandNew
edited December 2011 in Welcome Posts: 44
Who else has hear Gary potter play,

i just discoverd him and some of his stuff is realy amazing,

Any one got any info or opinions of him

One best British guitar players at mo

Comments

• delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
    I'm a huge Gary Potter fan - there's so much joy in his playing I always smile and feel good listening to him. I've never seen him play (yet) but I have the live DVD and a live CD - both awesome - and there's some great clips on YouTube.
  • bopbellbopbell Brisbane AustraliaNew
    While his picking technique is not strictly Gypsy Jazz, he does infuse the previously mentioned joy and a uniqueness that says, this is Gary Potter. I love how his country chicken pickin' oozes through his interpretations of the standards. He has been playing the genre for a very long time, before its' popularity mushroomed. He has my respect and attention.
  • spirospiro Zagreb, CroatiaNew
  • w_lavenew_lavene Cambridge, EnglandNew
    Does anyone know of where there is info for gigs etc as there seems to be very little recent info about him on the net etc.

He has a amazing unique style unlike anyone i ever hear and it is not strict Gypsy jazz but love how he uses it with other styles, and when he wants to play more standard gypsy jazz style he totaly smashes the tunes brilliantly
  • delb0ydelb0y ✭✭
    Gary Potter fans might be interested in this nice interview, tucked away on the website of the Uk Acoustic Guitar magazine:

http://www.acousticmagazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=641&Itemid=48

Kind regards,

Derek
  • redbluesredblues ✭✭
    Gary will be playing with Ritary in LeQuecumbar in late January. Looks like a good one