DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

marc4045 Samthedjangologist joshco61 Trudolf

A gypsy jazz storefront in the USA!

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
edited October 2011 in Welcome Posts: 466
A guy here in Chicago is opening a storefront devoted to gypsy jazz! It's called Caravan Guitars (caravanguitars.com), and I'm told it will mainly focus on guitars but will also stock books, picks, strings, etc. He claims it's the first storefront in the U.S. devoted to this music.

It opens tomorrow in the Lincoln Square neighborhood, for any of you Chicagoans out there (4754 N. Rockwell St.). I'm playing with my trio at the opening party from 7-8:30, so stop on by.

It'll be interesting to see whether the demand for gypsy jazz stuff will be enough to keep a storefront going. We do have a great scene here in Chicago, though, so I guess if it were to work anywhere in the country, it would work here.

(Sorry if it's not kosher to mention competitors on the DjangoBooks forum; my take is that competition is good, a rising tide lifts all ships, etc.)

Adrian

Comments