DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Blues (1940)

alphrzalphrz New
edited October 2011 in Repertoire Posts: 5
Hi all,

I'm a recent newcomer to the world of Gypsy jazz. I found about Django through my guitar teacher and decided to take on a piece for assessment. I was able to procure the "Django Reinhardt Anthology", and found it had all the notation I needed. My problem was that musical notation is certainly not my strong suit! So I knuckled it out with my sequencer (Guitar Pro 5) and converted the notation to tab as best I could.

I wanted to check the fingers and frets were the same. I'm confident it's mostly right but I'm unsure while learning about some of the fingerings. I know Django was well know for using some odd fingerings, but I don't want to be playing it unless it's correct.

What better than to ask the experts? :D
If we could get the version 100% I'm sure it will help many people learn the song guitar and share the love. See the PDF attachment for the version I transcribed.

Note: It's not Blues en Minor, it's the 1940 recording from Paris I believe. So many version make it very confusing

Comments