The Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival
Friday September 16 and Saturday, September 17, 2011
at Art In The Barn
5927 Adams Rd, Fitchburg, Madison WI
•Robin Nolan Trio
- back by popular demand – a festival favorite - direct from Amsterdam
– acoustic gypsy jazz power trio – two-time winner of Best of New Hampshire awards as well as being veterans of the famed Newport Jazz Festival.
– Chanteuse/songwriter Jessica Fichot draws from her French/Chinese/American heritage and her youth in Paris to create a delicious blend of French chanson, gypsy jazz and international folk.
- the award winning founders of this amazing festival return. Gypsy swinging, torch singing and Wailin’more than ever.
- One late addition to the schedule is the appearance of spectacular jazz guitarist Alfonso Ponticelli, who is the bandleader for Chicago's Swing Gitan Gypsy Swing/Jazz band. He's performed here at past Midwest Gypsy Swing Festivals and will be back to knock out the crowds again. He's a close friend of both Robin Nolan and Ameranouche, so who knows what madness will transpire.
12:30 to 1:15 p.m. Mandolin, vocal and bass workshops
1:15 to 1:45 p.m. A monster guitar workshop session
1:45 to 2:30 p.m. Meet the Artists Meet and Greet session
Sunday Guitar Clinics
There's a special offer and rare opportunity on Sunday after the Midwest Gypsy Swing Festival, too! Two unique guitar clinics
will be offered on Sunday with two of the amazing performers from the Festival, giving attendees small group learning experiences with two of the finest Gypsy Swing guitarists on the planet. Guitarist Robin Nolan will hold a special two-hour Gypsy Lead Guitar Clinic, while guitarist Jan P. Brower will hold a separate Gypsy Swing rhythm guitar master class.
The clinics will cost $50 each