DjangoBooks.com

Clarus+ (800W) with Raezers Edge NY8-ER Review

Hi all,

I tried to post my review of the Clarus+ Raezers Edge combo I bought a few months ago under product reviews on the main site but received an error so I'm posting my review here:

In short, the Acoustic Image Clarus+ Amplifier (800W) with Raezers Edge NY8-ER Combo Speaker is everything I hoped it would be. In fact, even after reading all the glowing reviews on this combo I'd have to say it has exceeded my expectations. It's compact, well built, attractive, is extremely versatile, has plenty of power, and just sounds beautiful at any volume.

However, a word of advice if you're an acoustic player considering a Raezers Edge cabinet: get the ER package! My only mistake was initially purchasing the NY8 without the tweeter. While it had a rich and dark jazzy tone, you will definitely miss the highs if you're used to playing out of acoustic amps (e.g. fishman, fender acoustasonic, etc). Once I swapped the cabinet for the ER version I just fell in love with this combo. The tweeter has a volume knob on the back so you can dial in the highs very precisely, an extremely valuable feature.

I play instrumental jazz/pop/rock stuff and for the small venues I perform at I rarely need to turn it past 10 o-clock and the tone is big and clear at all volumes (this amp is loud!).

Here's a clip of me on the amp (The sound on the vid isn't great but at least you can get an idea of how I'm using the rig):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeoOLtfZ60s

BTW, I'm playing a Parkwood PW360M guitar with fishman piezo system and I'm using a jamman looper pedal as well for the backing chords.