DjangoBooks.com

Stimer ST 48

Hello, everybody.

I just bought a Stimer ST48 from Paris(2 weeks ago), accompanied with an ampifier AEr compact 2 60. After playing for a while I realised that not all the strings of my guitar produce the same level of Sound. Is there any tip that can help me fix that problem? The difference between between "G" string and" B" string isn't that terrible but still exist. Is it normal , using stimer to have these consequences? I am not experienced using this so any info will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Dimitris

Comments

• ShawnShawn Boise, Idaho✭✭✭✭
    I think you'll find that almost every ST48, or every Stimer for that matter has these problems. I guess I don't really look at it as a problem though...I figure if Django didn't mind then maybe I shouldn't either. After all, most of Django's recordings that I like the most were with him using a Stimer. I have heard that replacing the Argentines with Nickel strings does help somewhat, but then you also tend to lose some of the acoustic properties from not using Argentines.

Another approach would be to use a different picking style when playing with the Stimer. I tend to revert to more of a traditional picking style when playing with the Stimer, and ditch the rest-stroke technique during amplified playing. This gives my playing more of an archtop like sound with palm muting and the works while retaining that classic Selmer tone.

Just my 2 cents,
    Shawn
  • patrolpatrol Greece,Athens✭✭✭ Eimers & Goulielmos Antique
    ok man, thanks :)