DjangoBooks.com

Forthcoming DVD: Young Bireli

BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
edited November 2005 in Welcome Posts: 527
Hi,

I just heard from Getraud Jankejovà, that the "Jazzpoint" Record Company is planning to publish a DVD about Bireli with a lot of film material from 1980 to mid 90´s. The release will be around summer 2006.

I am looking forward to this.

Best,
Barengero

Comments

• Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
    Barengero wrote:
    Hi,

I just heard from Getraud Jankejovà, that the "Jazzpoint" Record Company is planning to publish a DVD about Bireli with a lot of film material from 1980 to mid 90´s. The release will be around summer 2006.

I am looking forward to this.

You and me both. This sounds like a great dvd. Question, has anyone seen the new Bireli DVD? A friend told me that there is a scene with Bireli talking to Mondine & Ninine, telling them how he appreciates the simplicity of what they do, which I'm dying to see.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    i've got the new bireli dvd, it's amazing, makes his playing on the previous DVD sound amateurish !

the scene with mondine and ninine is nice too

btw, on some online stores it is advertised as PAL and zone 1 which is false... it is double sided (one PAL, other NTSC) and it's zone 0, in other words , it'll work anywhere!
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    I am a salivating, cold sweated Bireli junkie.
    RKatz wrote:
    I am a salivating, cold sweated Bireli junkie.

Robin, all of us, your friends and extended musical family are very concerned about your and you fixation with Bireli. This is an intervention on your behalf because we all care and hate seeing you like this.

The key to success in kicking any addiction is to admit that you have a problem. Remember, just take it one day at a time. You owe it to yourself to get this monkey off your back. Maybe a steady methadone-like diet of the two previous DVD's in moderation - a little every day to keep the jones in check, will act as a cushion until this DVD is released. Then you can expect to have a crushing relapse which will leave you in a fetal position weeping like a baby because you just can't stop!

All of here at Djangobooks and Zoot's site are here for you, but you have to want to help yourself :wink:
  • RKatzRKatz London✭✭✭✭
    no, I do not admit I have an addicition, don't you just love the bit, in the latest DVD, 2 min and 47 seconds into 'Place de Tertre', when bireli winces whilst attempting the f major assending to dessending sweep and then, ah, apon immaculate completion awards himself a congratulary grin, all of this whilst standing up, swaying to the steady rhythm layed down by hono, (hes not that fat really), or did I just imagin all this...................................
  • BarengeroBarengero Auda CityProdigy
    It´s o.k., Ted. I am not anxious about Robins health concerning the forthcoming Bireli-DVD about his early years. I am quite sure that Bireli didn´t grin until he was 19 or 20 years old. :wink:

Best,
    Barengero
    RKatz wrote:
    no, I do not admit I have an addicition, don't you just love the bit, in the latest DVD, 2 min and 47 seconds into 'Place de Tertre', when bireli winces whilst attempting the f major assending to dessending sweep and then, ah, apon immaculate completion awards himself a congratulary grin, all of this whilst standing up, swaying to the steady rhythm layed down by hono, (hes not that fat really), or did I just imagin all this...................................

Crap! I haven't seen it yet but I really want to. How would you rate compared to the last one?

Michael, when are you going to get this DVD in?! Now that I actually have a TV set, it would be nice to watch...
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I'll have it....the U.S. release is scheduled for Jan 2006.

'm