Banner Adverts
Closure

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

AEubanks bricktop Pierino Ragvso jalapeno Latchodrom CAG bart94 chickenvirus

Schertler David or Fishman as a PA setup.

jimvencejimvence Austin, TX✭✭
Has anyone every used a Schertler David (or Unico) more for use as a PA set-up? Here's
the situation. I'm curious as to what some of you may recommend. I am looking for
a small room venue PA set-up for Gypsy Jazz, and basically need to support maybe two
microphones.

For amping my guitar, I have both a Schertler David and a Fishman Loudbox. As mentioned in
another post, I'm using the Fishman for gigging, as the combo of that amp, my guitar and
pre-amp seem to work well, even though the David is a great amp, and with other setups
shines (for example, it sounds great with my nylon string).

I need to rig up a small venue PA, and was thinking of two options. I could utilize the David,
put it up on a speaker stand (it has a stand adapter), and possibly buy a second one for more
volume and sound dispersion. On the other hand, I could go with the Fishman Solo Amp (SA220).

Just curious if any of you utilized the David (one, or two) as a mini-PA for microphones (vocals,
acoustic instruments with no pickups), and do you like the idea of a Schertler David PA, or would
you go with a Fishman or a tower system?

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I think the Schertler would work well, but the Unico is really the model you'd want as it has the volume you'd need to fill a larger space. And then you can buy the side speaker to get a stereo PA setup:

http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/sch ... _side.html

The SA220 is also nice. Has a more "transistory" edge then the ultra warm schertler stuff. But is very convenient and affordable.
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
    I can't answer for the Schertler, but we have used the Fishman in a similar setting :

either for just 2 instruments or with more going through a little 4-inputs board.
    It is quite satisfying, and can handle vocals, guitar and violin with either instrument pickup or instrument microphone, even a built-in accordion pickup.
    Occasionally we have also used 2 Fishman amps as "stereo" speakers.
    - JG
  • ronclegggroncleggg New
    Well, you've probably already figured it out but in any case the Unico and Side together are great for clear warm sound in a small venue. I use this setup and do like it. it is a mono system however.