DjangoBooks.com

New Release - Boulou - 13 Year Old Jazz Sensation from Paris

Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
edited November 2005 in Welcome Posts: 614
Hey All,

Not sure how many remember the absolutely dynamite track of a 13 Boulou playing and singing "Bluesette" http://www.djangobooks.com/archives/Child_Boulou.mp3 that Michael posted a while back, but the album is finally being rereleased on CD! I was surfing my favorite record shop and came across an entry stating that it'll be out sometime later this month. Here is the review from their site:
16. Boulou -- 13 Year Old Jazz Sensation From France . . . CD . . .
Upcoming Release -- Late November, 2005: Hit the 'Send Request' button to receive an email notice when the item arrives.

A little kid -- and he plays guitar! Boulou's the kind of artist you think you should hate when you see his smirking face on the cover, but he's actually pretty darn great -- and the album's got a surprising amount of charm! A real part of the album's strength is the way that Boulou hums and scats along with the guitar -- in mode that's like a rougher, younger take on the Toots Thieleman sound of the time -- and which gets some great support here from larger arrangements by Alain Goraguer that include some popping percussion, trumpet solos, organ bits, and even some occasional backing vocals -- all of which make the album groove in a nice mix of pop instrumentation and jazz. Titles include "Bluesette", "Ascot", "Girl From Ipanema", "Mack The Knife", "Groovin High", and "Blue N Boogie".

Yes, I did hip the people at the shop as to who Boulou was and gave them a link to his website so hopefully they'll put some more detailed info. Anyways, this shop has never let me down and I've dropped a ton of money there over the years mostly on their description paragraphs so if they say it's cool, than cool it is.

Best,

Ted

Comments