DjangoBooks.com

Just for fun: "Hall of the Mountain Swing"

Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
edited February 2011 in Repertoire Posts: 1,855
I've always liked this tune's changes, so I made up a little backing track to play along with... it actually works pretty nicely in GJ style.

My leadsheet was made in Band In A Box, and if you print out the PDF version, be sure to mark the top four bars as actually being a four bar intro.

I put it in the key of Fm, the original is really Bm but I like having those bassy notes for the melody.

The bridge is in C major, and my version uses the bridge twice every time ie 16 bars instead of 8--- I'm not sure if that's the case in the original or not...

You don't have to be a real topnotch GJ player to play this... at least I'm not...but this one is just for fun, so who cares?

Will
Niagara-On-The-Lake

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."