DjangoBooks.com

Looking for a used GJ guitar for about $160 (in the US)

wildfirewildfire New
edited February 2011 in Classifieds Posts: 23
I am getting my tax return back in a few weeks and, unfortunately, I won't have much left over with all the stuff I need to pay for. I'll have roughly $160 or so.

I'm not particular, I know for that price I won't get a pristine guitar. I don't care if it's beat up, nicked, scratched, bumped, bruised, worn, etc just as long as it's playable. Aria, SX, Richwood, any cheap, chinese guitar will do, I'm not picky. I can do minor guitar work like raising bridges and the like.

If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please message me. Thanks!

Comments

• constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Hey wildfire, You should just keep an eye out on Ebay. It may take a while to find something for $150 but if you keep checking you'll eventually find something. Here's a cheapie on ebay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aria-MM-10-MM10-Gyp ... 2a0dfa5fd0

When your budget gets to be $300ish, just buy the cigano from Djangobooks
  • wildfirewildfire New
    Yeah, I saw that, but it's gonna be long gone before I get my money. *Sad face* The only problem is there is just so few people selling used ones and even if they are selling em, they are always $4000 ones.
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Don't get your hopes up - I've seen quite a few Arias on the bay for around $150. "Pretend" you don't want one and you'll "accidentally" stumble onto tons of them. :lol:
  • wildfirewildfire New
    I can't believe that Aria went for $265 = $35 shipping. Aren't they $309 brand new? Use to be $199.

Maybe I should just turn my back and whistle. :P

"Oh what's that? An Aria? Nawww, I don't want that, it's... GOTCHA!"
  • BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    An ex-teacher of mine got an Aria off ebay for $10!! Shipping to Mexico was $150...
    Good luck!
  • wildfirewildfire New
    Hey wildfire, You should just keep an eye out on Ebay. It may take a while to find something for $150 but if you keep checking you'll eventually find something. Here's a cheapie on ebay now:

I saw the Cigano, but the reason I am so hesitant is because of just how thin the body is. Maybe it's just me, but I never played a thin body acoustic that had an acoustic tone that was worth an ounce of salt.
  • wildfire wrote:

I saw the Cigano, but the reason I am so hesitant is because of just how thin the body is. Maybe it's just me, but I never played a thin body acoustic that had an acoustic tone that was worth an ounce of salt.

No offense, wildfire, but you want to spend as little money as possible so you have to compromise. I got a chance to play one of the Ciganos last summer when a player stopped buy at our regular sit and found it good enough for me.
    wildfire wrote:
    What do you mean thin body? the Cigano's body design is pretty much standard and the same as other Selmer copies
    In their price range and up to just under a grand they are one of the best options in the market
  • wildfirewildfire New
    wildfire wrote:
    What do you mean thin body? the Cigano's body design is pretty much standard and the same as other Selmer copies
    In their price range and up to just under a grand they are one of the best options in the market

Really? Maybe it's just the pics. I've never actually played one, so I jumped the gun a little. The pics made it look really thin.

Of course I'm willing to compromise. I just wanna make sure that what I get is the best for what little money I want to spend.

Heh.
    It's just the angle of the picture that causes an optical illusion...
    If you can stretch your budget and get a Cigano (Get the one with solid top BTW) I think you'll be happier and have a better sounding guitar than the other guitars in that price range.
    Good luck!!