DjangoBooks.com

Django in June 2011 Artists & Staff

1235»

Comments

• Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    HotTinRoof wrote:
    LOL! :lol:

..... of course I'll be down for the Tues night Les Doigts show!

???? Vas ist dis? I ask because I will there for the week but can't stay for Saturday night which was when I expected Les Doigts to perform. This has been killin' me. Will there be some sort of show on Tuesday night at DiJ?

Craig
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    Will there be some sort of show on Tuesday night at DiJ?

Hi Craig;
    Nope...no idea where that came from. We'll have the Camp orientation that night and I'm sure Les Doigts will play a little something by way of introduction, but their concert is, as you said, on Saturday.

~Andrew
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    My apologies, their webpage shows June 14th as the day they are performing - this is where my info originated. Thank you for straightening that out! Andrew you just saved Craig a heart attack and me a mid-week round trip drive! :lol:
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    andoatagn wrote:
    Will there be some sort of show on Tuesday night at DiJ?

Hi Craig;
    Nope...no idea where that came from. We'll have the Camp orientation that night and I'm sure Les Doigts will play a little something by way of introduction, but their concert is, as you said, on Saturday.

~Andrew

Okay...... :( I figured it was too good to be true. Hopefully, Olivier and company are the out going type and we will get a chance to catch their chops during the week.

Craig
  • HotTinRoofHotTinRoof Florida✭✭✭
    Hey Guys, I'm staring at the DIJ weekend registration page. I'm clear on staying in the Dorms as this is where all the evening fun is, so check on that, however what about food... does everybody get the meal plan? I want to be "in the crowd" and experience DIJ to it's fullest in my short time.

Andrew, I see Friday begins at 11am for us extended weekenders - what am I missing Friday morning?
    Classify me as a beginner. :wink:

Didn't know there are two concerts! Nice. :D

Appreciate any response.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Going with the meal plan is definitely a good idea. The food's good and inexpensive and convenient, and just about everyone takes their meals there, including artists & staff, so you'll get lots more conversation about GJ.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • andoatagnandoatagn Northampton, MAProdigy
    HotTinRoof wrote:
    Andrew, I see Friday begins at 11am for us extended weekenders - what am I missing Friday morning?
    Classify me as a beginner. :wink:

HotTin;
    Every morning there's a one hour warm-up on the Core Repertoire, then a 90 minute class focused on either rhythm or lead guitar (whichever we schedule in the morning).

If you'd like to come for the whole day on Friday, just contact me directly and we'll work something out. You might consider coming Thursday evening to join us for the dinner showcases and an evening (read: late night) of jamming.

Cheers,
    ~Andrew
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    andoatagn wrote:
    an evening (read: late night) of jamming.

Cheers,
    ~Andrew
    Make that "ALL night."
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles