DjangoBooks.com

Tony Gatlif "Swing"

2»

Comments

• ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    CalebFSU wrote:
    hahaha Eliot its a DVD!
    CalebFSU, you seem really proud, and since you are why don't you do us all a favor and put up a copy of the English transcript of the movie? It would probably take you 20 minutes.
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    hahaha yeah man, I hardly have enough time to practice transcribing solos, there's no way I am transcribing the movie.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    Here.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Excellent! Thanks!
    oh sweet, i have the film on my hard drive without sub titles. does that file work to put them on? or how? never did it before
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    Actually, that file won't work -- it's just a text file. But the one I've attached will. It's an .srt file, which is a standard format for subtitles, but the Djangobooks software wouldn't let me upload it, so I had to compress it into a .zip file. After you download and uncompress the zip file, what you need to do is create a folder (called whatever you want, but Swing would work just fine), and within that folder give the video file and the subtitle file the same name. For instance, call the video file swing.avi (assuming it's an .avi file) and the subtitle file swing.srt. Then your video will recognize the subtitles and play them along with the movie (I use VLC to do this, but I think Quicktime has the capability as well.) Let me know if you have any questions.
  • AndoAndo South Bend, INModerator Gallato RS-39 Modèle Noir
    While you guys resolve the tech issues, I wanted to ask a larger question about Tony Gatlif in general. Has anyone here ever talked to him? What's he like in person? How's his English?

Cheers
    Ando
    Great thanks for that, might be able to get people to watch it now with the subtitles.