DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

marc4045 Samthedjangologist joshco61 Trudolf

Looking for a Gypsy Jazz Playing Partner...

crothcroth ✭✭
edited October 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 60
Hi-

I am a solid intermediate level guitar player who has an interest in gypsy jazz music. I have been playing guitar for many years so I have some reasonable skills, but I'm relatively new to the gypsy genre (though not brand new). I have a very good sense of timing, I know most of the gypsy style chord forms and can play a solid gypsy-style rhythm guitar (le pompe). I am only at the early stages of learning to improvise in the gypsy style however. I am familiar with many of the standard gypsy jazz tunes.

I am looking for a playing partner or partners who are willing to work on this style together informally. If you want a learning partner to cooperatively learn both rhythm and lead, or you like to play lead and need a guy willing to play rhythm for you, or you have the beginnings of a group and need a rhythm player, we should talk.

I live in the Nassau County, Long Island, NY area.

Email me at crothman AT optonline.net and I'll send you my phone number or you can just send me yours and I will call. Thanks.