DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

ACalder 1964jpw@gmail.com

Anyone using a bigtone with a tube amp?

constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Stringphonic
How does it sound?

Using an acoustic amp now.

I tried to find another thread on this but mostly found AER and Shertler info.

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator Dell Arte Hommage
    I'm a huge fan of the Bigtone but I have never used a tube amp with it. To me, from my birds eye view, it seems like nearly everyone is solid state with gypsy jazz, unless its someone with a rail pickup device like a Miller or a Stimer. So, what amp are you talking about?
    ---
    "I want to party like its 1939!"
  • I play through a Rivera Venus 3 (class a tube amp) and an RA-400 (solid state).

I don't run the bigtone through the tube amp but it sounds great on the RA-400. I do run my Stimer through the Rivera, though. Sounds amazing.

I can't think of any benfit of playing the bigtone through a tube amp unless your just looking to increase your tone options.
  • bigericbigeric Las Vegas Nevada USANew
    I just finished playing my jazz brunch gig. I play a Dell Arte Homage with a bigtone. I used my Carr tube amp. I do not own any solid state amps. I am not crazy about the sound. I actually just started a previous post about the bigtone. I am thinking a mic setup might be better for me.
  • Argyle DaveArgyle Dave bellingham,WANew
    I use the Audio Technica Pro 70 with the small clamp arm they sell. I just clamp the arm onto one of the strings at the tail piece and adjust it so that the mic is approx 1" from the top. I run this through a small PA that we use. I think is pretty natural this way. In My case I cut the Hi,Low,Mid to a little less than neutral.